Sunday, March 1, 2009

Farm Life

I live on a farm. People say I "forget" to tell them that... I don't know if I assume they know that or why I don't tell them. I'm not ashamed of living on a farm, I enjoy the farm life. Yet when I take home friends and we're driving down a gravel road, the question usually comes up... "Where are we going?" I've gotten used to living in Seward. Although, the lights coming in through my blinds at night, bother me. The noises outside my window, I'm still not used to and usually want to get up from bed to see what's going on. I'm not a typical "farm girl," though... I don't do chores outside, except mow the lawn. I know nothing about the dairy cows that we have, other then that my Dad has to do chores daily at 5:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. I couldn't tell you how big an acre is for the life of me, but I could tell you what a combine and tractor is and that we plant and later harvest soybeans, corn, and alfalfa. When I ask my Dad questions about the farm, I have to remind him to explain it in English to me, because even in English, I'll probably be nodding my head in agreement without understanding what he's really saying. Yet, I still love the farm life, it will always be where home is.
~LAB

No comments:

Post a Comment