Sunday, March 1, 2009

In Mourning

I am currently in mourning. I went through my Facebook profile and deleted all the funny things off of it because I realized I have to be a grownup now. I am writing a story for the Sower about Facebook and how it can really impact your job search because employers occasionally search a job applicant’s web page and make judgments. Now, it is sad… I know some things look bad and I understand that part of growing up is being professional, etc. But my profile is just so boring now! It’s sad.

Mostly I will miss the quotes from my friends on my quotes page. I know some of them were mildly inappropriate, but I really liked them a lot. They made me happy because they were so funny. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to get judged because I thought something my friends said was funny, but still. So, in memorandum, here are a few quotes from my Facebook quotes page I will miss:

“I forgot how UGLY you were!!!” ---A common quote that Alicia says to me when I wear my glasses… don’t worry I started this.

“Don’t sweat the small stuff, everything is small stuff!... Unless you knock up a girl. Then you are out of luck.” ---Carson’s advice to me.

“OMG whose toothbrush is this!?!?!” ---Elaine, my roommate, while brushing her teeth…

“If we go to that Creek restaurant, I am wearing my corn shirt!!!” –my dad, very excitedly, while on vacation

“This is what 20 years of wearing glasses did to me… I think I’m invincible!” –Alicia, a new contact wearer, after poking herself in the eye.

There are so many more!!! And I can’t remember them…. Already!... luckily, I saved them in my room. ☺

1 comment:

  1. I see no reason why those would prove to be problematic in the professional world...others, like many I have on mine, probably would, but the ones you have listed aren't bad.

    ReplyDelete