Sunday, March 15, 2009

Here is how it is.
As I sit here munching on nerds and thinking about how I gave up sweets for lent and as I try to count how many times I have slipped up I suddenly come to the obvious conclusion that I am extremely weak. I have prided myself on being "strong" my whole life. I can do more push-ups than any girl I know and I have been known to go on ten mile runs in dangerous weather. How can I not resist the notevenmyfavorite candy in front of me? Suddenly always searching for the quickest way out of homework makes me slow and stupid instead of strong, fast and clever. Suddenly my not keeping in touch with old friends reminds me that I am a weak and awful friend instead of a strong independent woman. How can I not resist one thousandth of all the food the good Lord has given us for 40 days and He can die on the cross and live a PERFECT life and I am a helpless cause. Thank you Jesus, for taking this weak sinful body I call my own, and forgiving it and loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment