Saturday, March 28, 2009

A job...

So, on Thursday afternoon I had a job interview with Concordia Publishing House. First of all, this is the job that I have wanted since about January. I first saw the ad and thought it sounded perfect, but it called for 2-3 years of experience. I didn't figure it was worth apply for because I wouldn't have a chance at getting. Then Dr. Gernant recommended that I apply for the job anyway, so I did. When they called I was ecstatic. So, on Thursday I had my interview and it went really well! I hoped with all hope that I would at the very least get a face to face interview. So, when I woke up on Friday and found an email waiting in my inbox saying that my interview was excellent and they wanted a second interview, I basically jumped up and down for 30 minutes.

Now, I am coming to the realization that 1) I have an interview and 2) I have a distinct chance at actually getting this job that I was so covetous of. This opens up a whole lot of new fears and questions. The biggest fear: what if I don't get the job? The second biggest fear: what if I do? If I don't... what will I do? There aren't many other options presenting themselves right now. Plus, I really really really want this job. And what if I do get the job? I will have to move to St. Louis! That's so scary. I have lived in NE for, well, ever.

It's so scary. But, I am praying and preparing for this job interview so hard. I want it despite how scary it is. Which must mean it is worth it. I have always felt that anything worth doing isn't going to be easy. This wouldn't be easy... but it would be so fun and so worth it. I can NOT wait for my interview and I cannot wait to find out how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment