Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Cleaning

With Windex in one hand and 409 in the other, I was armed and prepared.  My roommate went on A Cappella tour, leaving me with a messy, but empty room, one in need of some Spring cleaning.  I try to keep the room in somewhat of a clean state, but with the end of the year approaching and the projects beginning to pile up, having a clean room became a back-burner issue.  Clothes were scattered on the floor, dust had collected in every place, and the bathroom was considered a disaster zone.  
I attacked the room with ferocity.  I sweept under the bed, in the closet, under the desk.  I wiped down every service, i organized all the shelves, and i did all the laundry that had pilled up.  And three hours later I collapsed on the crumb free futon and breathed in the scent of clean linen Fabreeze.  It was finished.  
There's a sense of satisfaction in looking around and seeing everything in it's place.  But at the same time, sitting here alone in my room, it looks a little empty now, having a not lived in feeling to it.  Like this is the show room they bring potential students to see.  Spring cleaning is a good thing to do once in a while and I'm glad I did it, but i think i'm going to go throw some clothes on the ground.  Maybe that will make it feel right in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment