Monday, March 2, 2009

Reunion

This weekend I felt old.  I got together with the girls who lived on my freshman hall, well at least those who are still at Concordia.  We looked back to that crazy time in our lives when we were all making adjustments and adapting to the college lifestyle.  We had some crazy things happen like a toilet exploding, causing a flood, a girl on our hall (who is no longer here) had several seizures, someone superglued a pop can to their hand (purposefully we think), ovens exploding, dressing up like homeless people, and the list can go on and on.  We even made a few phone calls to girls who have left, but with whom we still keep in contact.  

It is crazy to see how much we have changed, and grown apart with some and closer with others. 

One of the girls surprised us by bringing the golden toilet that we had used to raise funds for "Katrina Relief"... which made quite the impression on campus, let me tell you!  

Looking back isn't a bad thing, it can often be fun, just as our little reunion was.  It did however, make me realize how much time has gone by and how quickly.  I am not saying I would like to stay here, I know it is time for me to leave, to move on.  At the same time, a part of me wants to stay where it is safe, where I know people and I am familiar with how things work.  In just a matter of months I will leave this sanctuary and enter a new type of living, which makes a part of me want to run.


RW

No comments:

Post a Comment