Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hot-Tubbing, English Majors, Jeff Foxworthy and Play practice

So my sister is officially moved in to their new house in Seward...okay so they still have boxes that aren't unpacked but close enough, and now she keeps insisting I go over there and hot-tub with them, which would be fine if I actually had free time. This past week I had 3 papers due, a take-home test and a presentation. There wasn't a night that I went to bed before 2AM. Thursday I was up 'til 6. Mass craziness! Do any of you feel this way being English majors? I feel overloaded by all the reading and writing all the time. It gets boring and that sucks cause I used to love to read and write. Now it's like a chore and I don't like it.
Anyway, I'm writing my 3rd paper on being an English major. So far it's very Jeff Foxworthy,
- If you use Shakespeare’s words as a guide to your life...you may be an English major.
- If you are constantly correcting people’s grammar in a public setting...you may be an English major.
I have about 12 of those and while that is all good great grand and wonderful I'm completely stuck. My muse seems to have ran away. Perhaps I expect too much of her. Hopefully she'll be back soon. Since I was stuck and it was stop-and-go writing I moved on to the myths of being an English major. I only have about 7 of these.
- All English majors spend time reading books and drinking coffee in a coffee shop.
- False, not all of us like coffee, some of us prefer green tea.
But anyway, I have writer's block so if any of you guys have any ideas they will be welcomed!
Play practice with my kids is going well. We're going to be out of our books this week...or we better be cause we're running out of time. The play is May 3rd but they have a week off for Easter and then track meets and a field trip plus excluding weekends that's like 24 days...And I'm only out there like twice a week. We'll have to hit it hard these next few weeks.
That's all for now. I'm gonna relax before heading back to dodge.
-CK

No comments:

Post a Comment