Sunday, March 29, 2009

Paper #3, English Major

So I'm writing paper #3 about being an English major. It's becoming increasingly long. I'm actually quite surprised. Most of my inspiration is coming from Garrison Keillor and finding random big and important sounding words online. It should be interesting but I seriously hope people tear it apart. I'm actually somewhat excited about the large group thing. There are other English majors in the class and I'm aware this paper totally sucks so I'm hoping it dies a hard and painful death. I've felt that way about a lot of papers I've written lately. Oh well, the semester is almost over.
Next semester will be awesome. I don't start on Monday/Wed/Fri til 2:10. Yay! and then night class on Mondays. Tuesdays might suck cause I have 4 classes. I'm just confused. I met up with my advisor and then Ed from the registrars office - he's pretty much awesome - and we figured it out. I have to take 2 more English classes and then 1 more Sociology class to get my major in English and minor is Sociology. Everything else is electives. I have to take 31 more credits. So I'm bad at math but that leaves me with what like 22 more credits? I'll take GS 401, that'll take care of 3 more so I have 19 credits to fill with electives. I don't want to take electives! What kind of electives should I even take? So I filled up the extra stuff with random psych classes even though I really don't care that much about psych classes. I'm just confused about life and writing the 3rd paper about being an English major isn't helping. It just points out that if you're not getting a major in English to teach it then you really have no other purpose in doing it. I don't want to teach! And seriously, majoring in English is making me hate reading and writing. Ugh. Oh well, no early class tomorrow, yay for Thurber! So I'm sleeping in or I'm staying home tonight and will drive back there tomorrow at noon.
-CK

No comments:

Post a Comment