Sunday, March 29, 2009

Burnout

Everyone reacts to stress differently, and because of this there is no single way to alleviate stress. Sure, there are techniques that have been developed to cope, but they don't work for everyone and even for those they do work for, these techniques will vary in how well they work with different individuals. Actually, there IS one way to eliminate stress that works for everyone, but it isn't always the simplest or the most viable: removing the stressor[s] in question.

I can handle stress well enough to a certain degree, usually when there are only a couple stressful factors and they aren't that pressing [at least in my mind]. However, important matters that build upon one another will send me spiraling down quick. At first I'll be frustrated and edgy, but the way I function doesn't really change much. Once the stress settles in for the long haul, I become apathetic and just look for the quickest viable way to get rid of it. Lately, this has meant rethinking my educational and career goals for the next five to ten years. That actually has added new stress to the old stress thats been hanging around my mind, but its stress I can handle a lot easier than the stressor I'm fighting with now.

I know I'm being vague, but that's because my last blog covered most of the details. This is just kind of a foreword for it that didn't get written until after the last blog [if that makes sense].

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment