Sunday, March 22, 2009

Close to perfect.

It's Sunday. This is NASCAR day in the Barlean household. I am sitting in my living room in David City, NE appreciating the newness of the painted walls and feeling like a guest. My father lays on the dark brown leather couch, snoring. His thunderous snores reach all the way across the room and I wonder how my mom and brother put up with this. I know that it is annoying me. I can't say anything though. I don't live here. My mom is on Facebook. I know because she keeps mentioning things about my friends that I already know. She is a stalker, it is kind of cute but mostly annoying. My brother is watching YouTube videos I'm pretty sure. Though we all are silent, listening to the NASCAR race, we are together. And it is nice. I don't get to experience this very often. Now, Sunday NASCAR days involve the three of them, but not me. I am not here. I am out trying to be a grown up. When I was in high school... I would have thought that this day was pointless. I would have thought that we should have used it better. Played a game. But... now... I think that this relaxing, moment together is pretty close to perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment