Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wake up

I woke up this weekend to realize that my time at Concordia is dwindling down to just a few short weeks. These weeks are packed with school, internship, work and life. I feel like I need to make a list for myself of everything I want to do before I graduate because once May comes I'm done.

Done. Finished. Four years of my life. Gone. So much has happened. I feel like my life is a constant essay, being written by the day. Sometimes I wish I could take a break and have someone else write it for me. If that were the case I would take a vacation, maybe to Brazil? I have always loved to listen to people speaking Portuguese. Then I could find a very attractive Brazilian man to take me dancing. His name would probably be Marcelo (which according to familyberry.com was one of the most popular names in Brazil in 1980).

Where did Brazil come in? I think my mind just doesn't want to realize what is going on, that yet again I will have to say goodbye to people that I care about. It's just another place I have lived. Maybe I'm just tired of having to start anew or maybe I am stuck in this cycle. I like my life, where I have been and I am excited to see what is next. Now that it is past midnight I believe there are now only 33 days till graduation (I'll check Emily's facebook to make sure). For now I know I need to focus on the here and now and stop thinking of Marcelo and his ability to move so gracefully across the dance floor.

RW

2 comments:

  1. :) yeah... I do apologize for having that countdown. It makes me hate life every time I see it! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this, Rachel- especially your imaginings about Marcelo (bordering on reality's edge, just where I like things). I, too, think he would be the most graceful of dancers:)

    ReplyDelete