Sunday, April 19, 2009

Leaving me

In just a week's time I will no longer technically be known as the president. Big deal, right? I'll be ok moving on, letting go of responsibility, no problem! If only it were that simple.

Over the past few years I have been this person, identified by many because of this role. Now I leave this role behind and as I do, I feel a part of me is being left also. I feel like an idiot blogging about this because not everyone may understand. Do you get it? Do you know what it feels like to have put so much of yourself into something that it becomes an extension of who you are? It thrives when you give it attention and energy.

Three years ago someone walked up to me and told me to run for office... looking back, that decission was life-changing. I gave so much, but feel like I could have given more. This regret is not healthy for me. I should focus on what I did do and helped accomplish, but that regret, that nagging feeling is there pointing it's crooked finger at me telling me I should have done more things, given more of myself. If I would have done this would there be any of ME left? I will need me in the future, because when I leave here I can't leave all of me behind.

RW

No comments:

Post a Comment