Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Break

This weekend was Easter break. It is nice to be home with my family. Alicia is with me and it is funny to sort of see my family through her eyes. Instead of looking at my family the way I always do, in an overcast light, I observe them in the way that I would a stranger. I can see their flaws and their personality traits, I can see the things that people see; the things that I used to think were crazy and now I realize are just funny. It's like suddenly seeing clearly after looking through a kaleidoscope for years.

They are really truly colorful people. Each of them is unique and hilarious in their own way. I feel like our family could be traveling comedians. We each have our own sense of humor, slightly similar to each others. Sarcastic. Pick on each other constantly (in a loving way, of course). The best kind of funny, to us... maybe not to everyone else. I think they are all hilarious, though my mother told Alicia that she didn't think that my dad was very funny. I always get his jokes. I think that we are too similar. Like father like daughter I suppose.

It's funny to me, to realize that in high school I felt so embarrassed by some things that they did when my friends were around. Now I appreciate them more than ever. Like a fine wine... they have gotten better with time.

I don't know if Alicia has had fun here in David City: Population 2,500. But I know that I have, I enjoy the time with my three favorite people.

2 comments:

  1. I loved it. :) And I'm not just saying that. If I didn't love it, I just wouldn't bring it up. lol.

    ReplyDelete