Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sister

I never have had a sister, and honestly never wanted one. With three older brothers I must have liked being the only girl. Even when I wanted a younger sibling, I always wanted it to be a boy. I'm not sure I understood (-stand) the sister-sister bond. Brother-brother I get from watching mine interact, and sister-brother I know even more intimately. But sister-sister I am only aquainted with. I think, however, and this may be too bold of me, that I am beginning to understand it more through my own relationships with my friends. I have friends close enough that I never worry about losing the relationship, even when fighting and arguing. Even when I want to hit them for being so irritating, I love them. Sisters may think I'm off the mark. Maybe being sisters is completely different. I wouldn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment