Wednesday, April 22, 2009

On My Mind At The Moment

Seven more days of classes and then finals. This school year has gone by so fast, and so much has happened in that time. A lot of good and a lot of bad has taken place. For the most part, I'm glad to leave my junior year behind me, though. Anything to do with college these last couple semesters has just amounted to a lot of stress and little to see for it. What kept me going was improv, the one acts I directed, and good friends. Oh, and living off campus made it a lot easier, too.

The only stress factors I have now are getting through my classes, doing well on my finals, and finding a summer job. That last part has been a chore for me ever since I got back from Spring Break. I've submitted eight applications. Out of that, one place gave me an interview [but didn't give me the job] and another told me today to call back in a couple weeks. If push comes to shove, I may be forced to spend the summer with my parents so I can work in Kansas City [if I can even find work there]. As much as I'd enjoy being with friends there for four months, I don't think I can survive my parents that long. It'll be my last desperate option if I don't find work here.

Speaking of Kansas City, I'm not sure when I'll be stopping by for a visit next. The most likely time would seem to be around the weekend of Memorial Day, but you never know when I might find the time and/or occasion to make it down there...

..and to back track to the subject of the One Acts, I just posted the video of the One Act I wrote and directed for this past weekend: The Interview. If you missed out on seeing it, or just want to see it again, its at the bottom of this blog entry.

Oh, and one thing I am completely excited for is moving from my apartment to a house Dustin and I are renting for the next year. Dad is loaning me his truck in a week so I can move my stuff [furniture doesn't fit so well in a Corolla]. It'll be busy and hectic, but I'll enjoy it.

Anyways, that's about all I have to say. The end.

The Interview

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment