Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Mirror of Change

Most of us experience some degree of change in our lives. Currently, many of us deal with the aspect of our high school relationships changing. Others deal with current family members and close friends changing. Some may find change in a major, a transfer, or a love found or lost. It is interesting - maybe even insightful, to be a spectator of this change. We can analyze the choices of others and, to a certain extent, empathize with those experiencing change.

Often times, I wish I was able to see the change in my own life. I'd like to see how I've changed since age 5 to age 10 to age 15 to age 20 - and I'm not just talking about physically. How has my brain changed? How has my decision making, my morals, my standards, my thought process in general changed over the last 15 years? It is for this reason that I wish I had a type of mirror to experience this change first hand. What insights are to be gained from seeing yourself in that kind of light?

--- Austin Beckman

No comments:

Post a Comment