Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

My brother goes to UNO and attends King of Kings on Sundays for church. He loves it there, granted it isn't always my favorite style of worship, I enjoy it sometimes. He wanted us as a family to attend their Easter service because it was talked about for weeks in church. For those of you who don't know and didn't hear the radio/see the tv ads, this isn't a small service - they rent out the Qwest Center in Omaha... yah, it's huge. I think the tv stations today said there were around 6,500 people there, they were aiming for 10,000. The sermon was really good - "Admit One" - it talked about admitting our sins and how Christ has freed us. The music was good, although I didn't know half the songs. I just wonder how many people came to that service for their first church service ever... it was the largest service (obviously) in the metro area, which I think caused some envy from other churches based on comments on the news stories online... envy on an Easter service. This type of service isn't for everyone, which is why it's good that there were other services for some to attend. Looking back, I would go again on another Easter if the opportunity is there...

No comments:

Post a Comment