Sunday, April 5, 2009

R.I.P.

Rest in Peace: Thomas Antony Zachman (TAZ), you were pretty annoying and not many people liked you but you killed a lot of zombies, this drink is for you.

I will admit it I am a geek. Last night in a D&D-esque Pen and Paper role playing game (All Flesh Must Be Eaten), my character died. At least one other person was sad to see him go, the rest not so much because my character (accidentally and inadvertently) killed off the other characters or slighted them in some way. It is just a game but it is sad to see something you have worked on go down in flames (or a barrage of shot from a shotgun blast); something that everyone enjoyed, laughed at, and had fun with. And while I am sure my next character will be entertaining (I mean who doesn't find a Catholic priest trying to make people facing a zombie apocalypse (zombocalypse) go through confession/absolution funny...anyone...am I alone here?) it won't be the same nieve sense of adventure that has driven the story forward thus far.

TAZ: Hey, I brought you a present!
BROW-BROW: What is it?
TAZ: It's a zombie with a satellite dish strapped to its hands. I got it for you since you tried to kill me earlier.
BROW-BROW: Brow-Brow like! Where did you find it? And how did you get it in the back of your truck?

So here's to you TAZ, your memory and sense of adventure will live on in our campaign to rid Seward of Zombies.

Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment