Sunday, January 18, 2009

Why are there no B Batteries?

As I browse through the battery section of Walmart searching for the double A one's needed for my remote, I look over the different brands and compare prices. That's when I notice it. AA, AAA, C, D... But where's the B? There are two A's but no B's? I wonder, are they being discriminatory toward B's? But they can't be discriminatory toward B's since batteries actually starts with B's. Maybe, they chose not to make B batteries because it would sound stupid to say it aloud. "Hi, where can I find B-batteries?" Maybe they are just watching out for our already speech-impediment-stricken youth. Maybe the people that work for Duracell and Energizer actually care about their customers and don't want to make them sound stupid. Or maybe they just found it amusing to skip a letter in the alphabet. Either way, I salute you battery companies for helping me to not look any more stupid than I already do in front of the general public.
- CK

No comments:

Post a Comment