Sunday, January 25, 2009

Betty's Wisdom

"Ask your mom. I bet she has a Betty Crocker cookbook." My friend from Indianpolis is visiting this week and she says that no woman should be without the Betty Crocker cookbook. So when do I get mine?
I am 22 years old. I am not married. I cook at night for myself while I watch Wheel of Fortune on my 20-some inch TV. Maybe Betty could help me spice up my recipes, but I don't know how much better Mac 'n Cheese could get.
But I do believe in the powers of Betty. She tells me when my batter is overmixed, which part of the cow a T-bone steak comes from, and how to prepare meals made with soy for my healthy friends.
Betty is 88 years old. As far as I know Betty is not married. I hope she watches Wheel of Fortune. And to spice up Mac 'n Cheese all you need to do is add a 1/4 teaspoon of ground mustard and Worcestershire sauce.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I forgot my name...so, Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love mac n' cheese- I'm talking a lot. And I think that would be the ultimate irony: a single Betty Crocker, who eats Mac n' Cheese in front of Wheel of Fortune each night, inspiring unknowing housewives across the nation. I almost like that Betty better.

    ReplyDelete