Monday, January 19, 2009

Renewed in Purpose Once More

I can never stray too far. I've been through times where my faith and convictions are strong, and just as often I've have periods of weakness and going on without purpose. Last year was a time where I gradually felt and saw my purpose fading away. That sums up the entirity of 2008: I lost much of who I am. Tonight I feel renewed once more. I see my purpose clearly. I won't mention the events and/or people that spurred this because those involved deserve their privacy and I deserve a bit of mine as well. I will say that I again see the entirity of my life shaping me for my purpose in life. What I've seen, done, and the people I have encountered have affected me greatly. Especially people. Everyone has talents that drive their purpose, and tonight I was reminded of mine. My talent is in being there for people through the best and worst of times. Some help others through donations of material wealth, others donate their time to do something with that material wealth, and still others donate what is very personal to them to others. I am none of these. What I donate is emotional support. I've been told that I'm a good guy, that I'm nice, caring, and so on and so forth. These compliments are nice, but that isn't what drives me. The best feeling in the world for me is when I can help someone through the bad times and get them to smile again...to know that everything is going to be fine. I don't claim to have the answers to solve all problems. In fact, I can't really recall a single time my advice has had life altering effects on anyone. It may have at some point, but I don't have to know that at all. When people need someone to listen to them...comfort them...be that emotional support they need, that's where I come in. My talent isn't for my own sake, but for others and I need to remember that. My talent is caring, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment