Sunday, January 25, 2009

Holes by Staple Gun

There are two holes in my ceiling.  You might not believe me when I tell you how those holes got there, but it’s the truth.  There are two holes in the ceiling because of a staple gun.

I wanted to be handy last Christmas, so I asked Santa for a toolbox.  Apparently I was a very good little girl that year because not only did I get a 35-piece toolbox set, but I also got a staple gun with it.  I can’t quite explain the way my eyes lighted up that Christmas morning as I pulled off the wrapping paper and gazed at the blue and grey toolkit that held all those tools. And the staple gun, with its sleek red handle and box of 600 assorted size staples.  It was magical.

 Then came the Christmas Lights.  In the previous year they had been looped around the wall with tacks and my roommate and I were determined to replicate the look.  Unfortunately the walls of Ruth C seem to not want to cooperate with the tacks and after countless tries we were unable to successfully keep them on the wall.  Then it came to me…the staple gun.  If I was super careful could I not staple gun the lights to the walls? 

 Unfortunately the first set of lights where punctured by a staple and had to be thrown out after I plugged them in and green smoke and sparks came out.  The second string, though, I was very very careful with.  I made sure that no holes were made in the strand, but the ceiling wasn’t as lucky.  Apparently there’s a metal strip that goes along the wall and if you try and put a staple in it, the popcorn ceiling breaks apart, showing the metal strip. And I did that, twice.

 So there are two holes in my ceiling.  But, there are also some really cool Christmas lights that are now hung up.  So I think it’s a fair trade.  I only ask that you don’t tell SLO, I hope that when checking out they don’t notice. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I feel like someone should have told you "you'll shoot your eye out!" before giving you this staple gun...... :) Luckily you only roughed up your ceiling!!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete