Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nature seemed more real to me as I walked to the bar last night for a change of scenery for my homework endeavors. I looked up at the sky. The tiny pinpricks of stars shone through the trees, and their beauty made me want to cry. I've seen stars before ... and even a night sky like the one last night, but it was so lovely after departing from the city lights of Orlando and Disney in general, where I didn't see many stars. As one who loves stars--I even wrote a poem about them--that separation was one of which I'm glad is over. Internal reflection helps, but when the inside is expressed in some way outside of myself I love it.
I thought of the natural night lights that God provides for us--the moon, stars--and wonder what it'd be like to have only those when I'm traveling. No roads or maps, but stars and the moon as heavenly guides to show me where I'm going. Nature represents God's artistry in a tangible way for my finite mind to grasp.

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment